Technical Support Engineer
For one of our clients, a service provider in the translations industry, we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to be located in Timisoara, Romania.
- Pre- and post-translation technical assistance for Project Managers/ Account Managers:
- Provide assistance in converting documents from/into different formats
- Provide assistance for any type of requests involving various file formats (Office files, XLIFF, properties, strings, XML, PO)
- Filter the content of the files based on specific requirements
- Record every aspect of the projects/tasks using the File Engineering dedicated systems
- Consultancy and Solutions for Automation:
- Offer consultancy for Project Managers/Account Managers on various technical matters related to their projects (optimal workflows, automation of processes)
- Set in place automation patterns for specific workflows and services in view of improving efficiency that can include: file filters, scripting, batch runs, etc.
- Write, test and implement custom filters for projects with specific patterns
- Language skills – English C1 (advanced level)
- Technical skills:
- Basic Knowledge of common formats and document types, together with their associated challenges:
- Markup Language documents: XML, YML, YAML, HTML
- Office Formats – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Programming Formats: PO, PLIST, JSON, properties, etc.
- Experience with various file format editors such as:
- XML/HTML editors
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge in working with a ticketing system is a plus
- Knowledge of Java/C# development is a plus
- Competencies (stress management, organizational skills, etc.):
- Strong demonstrable problem solving skills in a time-critical, technology led environment.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Friendly, level-headed, self-motivated, independent, trustworthy, ambitious, committed and a very strong team player.