Business Developer Manager – Contract Logistics
We are looking for a Contract Logistics Business Developer Manager for our international client, with location in Bucharest
Purpose of the Position:
Contract Logistics Business Development Manager is one of the sales executive responsible to develop new Contract Logistics businesses within Romania.
He/She is part of the team responsible with primary contact with regard to Contract Logistics business development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute the set business development for the geography/vertical of responsibility and ensure defined targets are met
- Workout together with Contract Logistics Business Development management a sales strategy for the Contract Logistics division within the given geography/vertical, aligned with the client regional and corporate sales targets.
- Develop strong pipeline for sales opportunities and drive the development aligned with the business development focus strategy defined for the Contract Logistics division within the given geography/verticals.
- Drive market awareness of client’s Strategy and pro-actively visit the companies defined in the working platform.
- Understand customer’s expectations related to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results.
- Take part to the decision-making process concerning the qualification (Go / No-Go) of the sales leads identified.
- Collaborate with client’s Solution Engineering team to design the most competitive offer.
- Drive and manage RFI/RFQ/RFP written responses to make sure all the customer’s requirements are met and/or addressed.
- Build relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities for client Contract Logistics to create value.
- Drive the commercial and legal negotiations with the customer, until the contract signature.
- Associate client’s Consumer Transition and Integration (CTI) team to the project, and participate to the right transfer of activity to the operational team(s).
- Monitor de competition and the logistic market in Romania and region
- Cross-sell client suite of services by identifying when possible further sales opportunities for Contract Logistics, Freight Forwarding or Integrated Logistics divisions.
- Develop external contacts such as new prospects, conferences, consulting groups, universities, associations, publications etc.
- Track his/her sales activity by using the adequate corporate tools and channels of reporting.
Skills and/or Experience:
• Experience (2+ years) with national sales and account management in logistics and proven success in business development.
• Solid understanding and experience of the theory and practice of supply chain management, warehousing and domestic distribution in particular
• Project management skills.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to travel within the country – some international travelling may be required
• Previous third party logistics experience (2+ years).