Our client, leading international manufacturer and supplier of furniture fittings and architectural hardware is looking for a Category Manager.
The product manager duty is to set the product portfolio vision and strategy and also to clearly articulate the business value to the sales team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release.
Duties allocated to this role:
– Analysis of the existent product portfolio;
– Analysis of the competitors product portfolio;
– Actively scouting the supplier’s market (on-line, on site by visiting, Group networking activities and fairs& trades shows attendance, etc.)
– Specific market product needs;
– Active and timely dialogue with top company clients;
– Global specific market trends analysis.
The product manager owns the release aspect of each product from Hafele portfolio.
Responsibilities include knowing when (and when not) to create a master release; managing features and dependencies in and across releases; and managing releases with phases and milestones.
Main duties allocated to this role:
– Frame planning of each release;
– Cooperation with marketing for information content and communication channel;
– Cooperation with sales for project release planning and support;
– Cooperation with the purchasing & logistics for the release product stock
availability, if the case;
– Product code creation responsibility.
The category manager defines the features and requirements necessary to deliver a complete product to market and lead the product portfolio strategy to success.
Main duty allocated to this role:
– quality & functionality analysis of the client own specific product assortment and the competition assortment;
– constant dialogue with the sales team and the R&D departments of the suppliers.