PLANT MANAGER – CLOSED
On behalf of our client, one of the leading tier automotive suppliers located in Timis county (40 km from Timisoara), we are looking for a Plant Manager.
The Plant Manager will face the following challenges:
- Driving results of the plant; work and optimize the organization to deliver results
- Manage complexity in a growing environment, including launches of new innovative products
- Drive lean and continuous improvement to improve competitive positions through cost reduction, quality assurance and on-time delivery
- Stabilizing the current operations in the plant
- He/ She will report directly to the Country Director for Romania.
- He/ She will have several direct reports and will be immediate superior of the plant organizations of location.
The Plant Manager for this location will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage operations and coordinate whole functions to reach and exceed Plant business objectives (Cost model, hourly rates, manufacturing cost, QVC targets, H&S targets).
- Lead initiatives to improve competitiveness of Plant. Ensure continuous improvement of the business processes in place by focusing on lean initiatives.
- Direct and coordinate activities of departments concerned with the creation of products.
- Direct and coordinate activities of support functions within the plant.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Assure continuity of cost reduction in all processes.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Oversee implementation of Corporate and Divisional policies, goals, objectives as well as procedures and ensure compliance with both external and internal requirements.
- Encourage excellence culture and act as a role model.
- Promote the understanding and implementation of the Enterprise Operating System (EOS).
- Proactively analyze organizational needs and ensure development of people according to current & future needs.
- Looks for continuous improvement opportunities and generates suggestions. Develops and/or sponsors innovative approaches and ideas.
- Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines and addresses potentially unsafe conditions.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; assigns and coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Communication Skills – Speaks and writes clearly as well as informatively; demonstrates advanced presentation skills to address different audiences and complex content.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership – Displays advanced leadership skills with the ability to adapt to changing situations and/or individuals’ needs.
- Managing People – Assigns clear tasks/objectives to direct reports; is able to manage by objectives; provides and accepts feedback; drives performance evaluation for his direct reports.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) from four-year college or university; with 8 years specific experience
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Engineering (electronics) or Industrial Engineering/Economics
- Six Sigma black belt certification preferred
- Global operational experience gained from multinational companies; preferably in the wiring harness or larger automotive industries
- Advanced manufacturing experience within a multi-country environment, including hands-on experience in managing operations
- Successful track record of managing new product launches
- Deep knowledge of contemporary manufacturing processes; such as lean manufacturing, six sigma and Shainin problem solving techniques
- Direct experience in other functions, such as general management, operations or quality management
- Experience in a high-matrix international environment
- Strong leadership experience
- Advanced English skills (written and verbal)