Quality Manager – CLOSED
On behalf of our client, one of the leading tier automotive suppliers located in Timis county (40 km from Timisoara), we are looking for a Quality Manager.
The Quality Manager Romania will face the following challenges:
- Coordinate quality processes for the operations in Romania
- Coordinate functionally the Plant Quality Managers for our client’s locations in Romania (3 locations)
- Manage complexity in a growing environment, including offering support in launches of new innovative products
- Drive lean and continuous improvement to ensure competitive positions through quality assurance
- He/ She will report directly to the Country Director for Romania and functionally to Quality EMEA Manager.
- He/ She will have several direct reports and will be immediate functional superior of Site Quality Managers.
The Quality Manager Romania will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage and Monitor the Quality System and Quality Department Budget
- Drive the continuous improvement of the Quality system to ensure alignment and compliance with the Customer requirements
- Align Quality strategy with the local Country business plan
- Monitor and define Plan (QIPs) to improve YoY the Quality performance (Key Metric)
- Promote the understanding and implementation of the Enterprise Operating System (EOS)
- Report the Quality performance metrics and identify the main areas of improvement
- Provide interface with the Customers on all quality related issues
- Represent the customer internally
- Champion, support or lead quality improvement initiatives
- Ensure that all managers, process owners and supervisors develop and maintain their part of the quality management system
- Monitor and advise on how the system is performing, which may often include statistics regarding company performance
- Ensure that customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified and that the organization is meeting or exceeding customer expectations
- Drive the implementation and development of a customer-focused culture within the organization
- Review financial statements, activity reports and other performance data to measure goal achievement in the area of responsibility
- Oversee implementation of Corporate and Divisional policies, goals, objectives as well as procedures and ensure compliance with both external and internal requirements.
- Encourage excellence culture and act as a role model
- Look for continuous improvement opportunities and generates suggestions
- Develop and/or sponsor innovative approaches and ideas.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; assigns and coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Communication Skills – Speaks and writes clearly as well as informatively; demonstrates advanced presentation skills to address different audiences and complex content.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership – Displays advanced leadership skills with the ability to adapt to changing situations and/or individuals’ needs.
- Managing People – Assigns clear tasks/objectives to direct reports; is able to manage by objectives; provides and accepts feedback; drives performance evaluation for his direct reports.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (B.S./ B.A.); with 5 years specific experience in a Quality Manager role
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Engineering (electronics), Industrial Engineering or Management
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Processes including quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization
- Deep knowledge of Quality tools such as APQP, PPAP, Problem Solving Techniques (Ishikawa, 5 Whys)
- Statistical Process Control (Capabilities, Process Control);
- FMEA and Control Plan
- MSA- Measurement System Analyses (variable/ attributive data)
- Advanced knowledge of ISO 16949, VDA 6.3
- Global quality experience gained from multinational companies; preferably in the wiring harness or larger automotive industries
- Advanced quality experience within a multi-country environment, including hands-on experience in managing quality processes
- Successful track record of managing quality for new product launches
- Deep knowledge of contemporary manufacturing processes; such as lean manufacturing; Six Sigma certification preferred
- Experience in a high-matrix international environment
- A background in standardizing processes and implementing common approaches
- Ability to coordinate large teams and bring people together
- Fluent English skills (written and verbal), German knowledge is an advantage