Sales Manager Europe (Agri Business) – CLOSED
Our client is a multinational company active in the agriculture business, with well established operations accross many countries in Europe, Americas and Asia.
For their office in Romania, we are looking for a Sales Manager to their Cereal Seeds sales activity in order to develop and generate sales growth of the company’s wheat varieties within a designated sales region of the Europe.
This Sales Manager will manage sales activities for the specified region in Europe (Romania, Latvia & Lithuania) and contribute to sales strategies and plans on a national basis.
The main objective is to develop sales and increase market share and customer base for our client within the scope of the company’s defined commercial strategy.
Essential tasks include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Define and supervise objectives, actions, and achievements for the specified sales region.
- Plan and implement sales strategies to gain market share and increase profitability in the region.
- Interface directly with customers in order to build relationships.
- Identify and develop key accounts in the region.
- Monitor and report sales within the region.
- Propose sales volume targets for the territory and monitor achievement.
- Propose and manage the pricing policy for the region and contribute to national pricing policies.
- Define production targets and seed release volumes for the region.
- Coordinate various sales events within the region: Product launches, Distributor meetings, field days, Industry meetings and other conventions
- Requires frequent travel in a company provided vehicle to meet with customers, attend industry functions and visit field trials and open days.
- Will require regular trips outside of the region to attend company and/or industry related meetings. International trips will be required.
In order to perform the job successfully, the Sales Manager will require the following competencies:
- Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Technical Skills Knowledge of wheat production and agronomy, with particular reference to the production and marketing of cereals seed.
- Sales and customer management skills.
- Budgeting experience and financial competence.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- . Teamwork Team player with a positive attitude.
- Attendance / Punctuality Ensures work responsibilities are covered.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Economics or related discipline required;
- 3+years of experience in Sales, Product Management and/or related position.
- English fluency required.
- Must be available to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Must hold a currently valid drivers license.
- One day per week must be present in the office in Timisoara